A Crystal Garden's Fan Box

A Crystal Garden on Facebook

Saturday, January 23, 2010

What's in a Name?


I have been asked how A Crystal Garden got it's name since it has nothing to do with hair bows? When I made the decision to start my own little hobby (wasn't supposed to really turn into a business), I found that I enjoyed making beaded Swarovski Crystal Bracelets. Along with that I made a few little basic hair clips to sell on Ebay. The bracelets did really well thus the name A Crystal Garden since my bracelets were made with crystals.

While making the bracelets, I found that I had an obsession with ribbon. :) I started making the flower bows, basic clips and other small bows and they also began selling well. As time passed the hair bow part of the business dwarfed the jewelry part and I changed my focus onto the hair bows.

At this point I have stopped making any jewelry and now have a business name that has nothing to do with hair bows. Although I have considered changing it, I still like the name and think I will stick with it. :)

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I LOVED your bracelets & wished I had purchased more when I had the chance. I only got to purchase 2 before you quit making them. I have YET to find ANYONE I can buy good quality, decent priced bracelets for my 2 year old. So sorry to hear you're not making them any more. If you ever get back into it, PLEASE let me know!