A Crystal Garden's Fan Box

A Crystal Garden on Facebook

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Gong Xi Fa Cai


Happy Chinese New Year! So I am a day early but we will be celebrating tonight with local Chinese take out. I know it isn't "real" Chinese food but we still like it and can pretend we are sitting at our favorite restaurant in Nanchang. As many of you know our daughter was born in China so we like to celebrate events from her heritage and I have learned so many interesting things about a country that is truly magnificent. Look past all the "political" jargon and you will see a beautiful country full of culturally diverse people that are just like you and I.

For more information about the Chinese New Year, I found a great site: http://www.theholidayspot.com/chinese_new_year/

Gong Xi Fa Cai means wishing you to be prosperous in the coming year.

No comments: